You may have wondered why there has been an increase in hybrid schools in the last few years. Certainly, the elephant in the room is the global pandemic, COVID-19. However, even before the pandemic, many were googling “hybrid homeschool near me.”
Here is what we know.
Traditional schools are set up to educate a mass of students, similar to an auto industry production line. Ken Robinson, who delivered the most-watched TED Talk of all time, likens the current education system to “a Fordist model of mass education that is failing to prepare young people for the dramatic socioeconomic demands of the digital age,” according to an April 2015 article in The Guardian. In other words, the mass model of education offered today is simply not scaled to allow children what they need for the best education.
The best education, according to Robinson, does three things:
- Acknowledges a child’s strengths and weaknesses
- Includes a close partnership between the school, its teachers, and parents
- Avoids helicopter parenting. (According to Merriam-Webster, a helicopter parent is someone who is overly involved in the life of his or her child.)
What is the purpose of a hybrid homeschool?
Why would a parent google a “hybrid homeschool near me” for his/her child? We did a poll of parents. Here are some of the answers we heard:
- “I wanted margin — for my kids to be kids — but I also knew that I needed accountability.”
- “I liked the support and knowing my teen would learn from teachers other than Mom.”
- “I wanted my child to be around others his age and still have the flexibility that homeschooling allows.”
- “My kids wanted to attend school but not go five days a week.”
What is a hybrid homeschool?
A hybrid homeschool allows students the best of both worlds. Students learn at home a few days each week, and they come to school to learn among their peers in a classroom, taught by a trained educator. Need more?
Is a hybrid homeschool right for me and my family?
Only you can answer this. But here are some questions to consider.
- Do you want more flexibility in how your son or daughter is educated?
- Do you feel like the environment in which your child learns is making him or her grow up too fast?
- Do you need some added accountability and support as a homeschooling parent?
- Is your child asking to attend a school with classmates outside of your home?
A hybrid homeschool education may be just what you’re looking for. We’ve got a video that explains more about how Learnwell North Georgia operates.
A Learnwell Hybrid Education
A Learnwell North Georgia (LWNG) Hybrid School education delivers three main benefits:
- LWNG helps families gain back time together that they crave in our fast-paced world.
- Learnwell gives families the option to incorporate their Christian faith into education without sacrificing educational excellence. (All of our teachers and staff are Christians, and we choose curriculum based on its educational merit and its flexibility within a hybrid homeschool format.)
- Our school places a high value on the development of an authentic community. (We facilitate connection points among students and their families through field trips, school events, and other opportunities.)
Want to find out more? Join us at our next Discover Learnwell event!
At these events, we walk you through:
- A day in the life of a student at Learnwell.
- How we choose curriculum.
- How our school integrates critical thinking skills, leadership, faith, and life skills into the school day.
- What we mean when we talk about an excellent, individualized education.
[maxbutton id=”22″ url=”https://learnwellcollective.org/nga-home/georgia-homeschool-hybrid/discover-learnwell/” text=”RSVP Here” ]