Learnwell offers grades K-9 for the 2023-2024 school year. An additional grade level will be added each year up to 12th grade.
Because Learnwell’s model is very distinct, transfer students will not be accepted after 9th grade.
For more detailed information on Learnwell’s unique 8th-12th grade model, please watch the videos below.
About 8th Grade at Learnwell
We are intentional in the ways that we teach and guide students so that they move successfully from working with a parent for most of their schoolwork in fifth grade to being able to operate somewhat independently on their at-home days by eighth grade.
Why? By allowing students more independence in eighth grade, they learn to work out what it means to own their education before the stakes are too high. In ninth grade, every grade “counts” on their high school transcript, and we believe that ninth grade is too late to begin training students in critical self-management and study skills.
About Learnwell’s High School Program
Throughout the high school program at Learnwell, hands-on experience and entrepreneurial skills are emphasized. Additionally, we lead students through intentional discoveries of their gifts, talents, and passions planted in them by God.
- In 9th grade, students will complete four job shadowing experiences.
- In 10th grade, students will complete two week-long internships.
- In 11th grade, students will complete a four-week long apprenticeship.
- In 12th grade, students will implement plans for their own small business or service program.
Learnwell focuses on the skills of entrepreneurialism for several reasons.
First, we believe that preparing for their 12th grade entrepreneurial project is a platform on which students can recognize and exercise their God-given gifts, talents, and passions.
Second, this provides students with real-world opportunities to build critical self-management skills that adults need today, including goal-setting, calendar and task management, and communication skills in various contexts.
- Each grade level aligns with the “best of” state and national academic standards. These are wrapped into the Learnwell Scope and Sequence.
- Learnwell has developed its own curriculum in science and social studies. This helps you in two ways:
- It makes your life easier – you can teach all of your children at the same time.
- You can rest assured knowing that each child will get the proper exposure to history, geography, and scientific exploration.
Teaching in Partnership
- You are NOT a homework helper for your children on your at-home days. You are a valuable co-teacher alongside your Learnwell teacher.
- Our teachers invest time helping you be the best teacher you can be for your child. That’s why they develop weekly coaching videos and support you via email during the week when you have questions pertaining to your child and his/her learning needs.
- We know that students thrive academically when they’re also thriving socially. These two needs are not opposing; they’re both valuable for student growth.
- At Learnwell, we know that community for parents is also vital. We will give you opportunities to connect with other parents in your child’s class, in your child’s grade, and in the broader Learnwell community.